If you are looking for a sewing that can make you feel you are in control, then the Brother PE770 is the answer. This machine has an LCD, the touch screen type, where positioning your design is possible. You can increase the font’s size or the entire print on the cloth by just touching on the screen. You may need to rotate the design or reflect it right there in the screen, this machine can do the job for you!
This machine is one of the first of its kind that introduced the ability of the computer to make precise measurements. This is also one of the fastest sewing machines in terms of productivity. Almost as fast as Janome Memory Craft MC 9500. This machine is perfect for somebody who is contemplating to sell clothes and embroidery items in big numbers.
Aside from the things mentioned above and the fact that this sewing machine is computerized, here are the other features:
- It accommodates a wide area of embroidery space – that’s 5 inches by 7 inches.
- It comes with a USB port that allows a user to store hundreds of designs.
- It can perform more than 600 stitches in a minute.
- There are 136 built-in embroidery designs for this sewing machine with 6 built-in fonts. The machine allows a user to choose from 10 frame shapes and 12 border styles
- There is a function panel that allows a user easy access to the following: thread trimming, needle (up and down) and start/stop buttons.
- Because its computerized, it comes with a screen that displays step by step instructions the user may need for easier operations.
With this unit go the following accessories: 63 pieces of Polystar thread, a thread box, a CD where 15000 embroidery designs are stored, 144 bobbins, a thread converter, embroidery scissors, a stabilizer, a sock hoop and a cap hoop.
Dimensions: 17.25 x 16.75 x 20.75 inches (Width x Height x Length)
Weight: 26.95 pounds
Embroidery Size Limitation
35 square inches of embroidery space
The warranty is 5 years on the mechanical, 2 years on the electrical and 1 year on labor.
On- board features are easy to understand
Step by step instructions on the screen are very helpful
The “number” designs don’t get any bigger than 5 cm
Occasional problem with bobbin tension
Customers find it amazing that the machine can be used right after pulling out of the box. They also like the vibrant colors of the threads with which they can make Disney characters, Pokémon, or Barbie designs. Customer reviews specifically cite the CD that contains tons of designs.
Some customers, however, are complaining about the constant breaking of the thread. Another issue has something to do with free service. Some of these reviews say that it is better to purchase the product from local stores than online. Local sellers provide routine maintenance.